thosewhowait

Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

typing from my living room...

with my husband sitting next to me. (oops-he was sitting next to me-now he went back to bed)

yes, we made it home!!! 19 days post-transplant and 28 days in the hospital and we are finally home. like they said before--on a short leash--but that is OK.

tim is doing well...he is sleeping ALOT since we got home, but that is OK. i dropped off his 9 prescriptions at the pharmacy and got take-out chinese for the kids and things are good. it was a very emotional time leaving today-we have developed such a close bond with all the staff there and there were hugs and kisses and lots of well wishes. even other transplant patients and their families came out to see us off...what an experience this has been.

the bribe paid off-the doctors came into our room first and we were home before noon.

i will keep updating as i can...we will be back to the "day hospital" which is a large room on the 6th floor directly below where tim was for his transplant. they will monitor his progress daily for a time and we know them well and that is fine. the care we have been receiving has been second to none...

well, i think perhaps i may go keep my husband company-just in case he wakes up-i am exhausted today too. all the hype of coming home and then...CRASH!!!!!!!!

thanks for checking in...rejoice with us tonight as tim spends his first night at home with his family. thanks for all your prayers and keep them coming our way-he has quite an uphill battle from here to get his energy and immunity back. we will let you all know when he is up for company...give us a little time to re-adjust to a semi-normal routine.

tim and tammy

6 Comments:

Blogger Deb D said...

PRAISE OUR AWESOME, MIGHTY GOD!!!!
HE IS SOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!
To quote a line from one of the new Mercy Me songs out... One thing I've learned in my life, there's one thing greater than my strife... it's His grasp!!!
Thank God for it!! We are rejoicing with you and continually praying as you enjoy the comfort of your very own bed!! I love that!! Mark's cells like a thin pillow and a very cool room to sleep in, incase something doesn't feel quite right. :)
Lotsa love,
the other Dewalts

June 06, 2006 4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have tears in my eyes just hearing the wonderful news!!!! Praise the Lord!!! what a nice surprise for the girls when they got home from school. You all are still very much in our thoughts and in our prayers.
We love you all- Steph will be so excited when I tell her..

June 06, 2006 4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I,m sooo.... glad to hear you're back home!, and that the spinal went well!. You have all been on my mind so often.Try to get some rest. I will continue to check in, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Love
Betty

June 06, 2006 4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is so good!!
I've been without my computer for a week and had to keep calling people to read me your blog. I am thrilled for your family to have Tim back home where he belongs. This whole process you have been through is so hard to comprehend. But the many prayers have gotten you this far and will continue to hold you up day by day. We love you guys!!

June 06, 2006 6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What awesome news!!!! As I sit here in tears, I can't even imagine what today must have been like for you guys. I know you'll be well taken care of, but if you need an extra pair of nurse hands--count me in! We are so excited for you!! Keep up the good work and enjoy the comfort of your own home. We knoe this ain't over yet, so we will continue to pray for Tim's comlete healing. I fyou need help with the girls, let us k now...I know, after you've exhausted the other 67 offers of help. Take care. Praise God for this awesome blessing.
Love, Ron, Kathy, Ronnie and Andrew

June 06, 2006 8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tammy & Tim,
Great news that Tim is home. Hope everything continues to go well for all. We will continue to keep all of you in our prayers. Sleep good tonight!!!!!

Tom & Amy

June 06, 2006 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home