thosewhowait

Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Monday, May 15, 2006

T-3

kinda a weird name for a day, but this is how the hospital classify tim's days. the T stands for transplant day and the -3 stands for three days before. SO...we are now three days away from transplant. yesterday finished up his 16 doses of his first chemo and today we start another one. the chemo he gets today he has had before but never in this quantity. it is hard on the bladder so they will start the day off by giving him a drug that protects the bladder, then they will administer the chemo around noon.

there is a term out there that we use to describe what tim is experiencing the last couple of days...they call it CHEMO-BRAIN. he can have times when he is perfectly coherant and sane and then within minutes he can transform into a totally different personality. this transformation can be anything from sad to happy to content to aggitated to confused to just about anything you can think of. they say that it is directly related to the chemo and that it will pass, but in the mean time things can get a little weird. he has had this happen before and we are aware of how he can get, but still pray for us. (it is scary at times)

he is on "fall precautions" because he is unsteady on his feet and his depth perception is a bit off from the bells palsy. this has him a bit annoyed also...he is not allowed to get out of bed with out someone there with him. (although he tends to not listen and sneak out from time to time). he has fallen once already while he has been in there, but luckily he has not gotten hurt.

all in all the chemo so far has been tolerated well and we are thankful for that. his back is much better and that has him off a lot of the pain meds. the chemo-brain will pass and i told him that if he didn't start listening to the nurses at night i was going to bring in a roll of duct tape...so life is good. (a bit bizarre at times, but good considering)

thanks again for checking in and for all your prayers...

(tim and) tammy

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Dewalts,
Wendy gave me this web page yesterday so I thought I'd drop you a line today since I only can at work. So glad to here Tim's back pain is going away and only three days left to go for the big day. You are constantly in my prayers and have some people at work doing the same. I can't imagine the trails you are going thru Tammy and Tim, God has really opened my eyes thru what you are going thru, how steadfast and strong you all are. If you need me for anything, please give me a call. I will check in tomorrow to see how you are doing. God Bless.

May 15, 2006 7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just sent this without my name, sorry.

Love, Cousin Carol Poling

May 15, 2006 7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today.

May 15, 2006 9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear things are going as well as can be expected. To keep thing light Tammy, duct tape can be used for many fun things. Stephen did a marketing presentation in college on the many uses for duct tape. He could come and teach Tim to make wallets, checkbook covers. It may occupy his time. Seriously, our thoughts and prayers are with you. God is good.

May 15, 2006 9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. You are all always in my thoughts and prayers. Be strong and hope this week goes well for you.

Love,
Carol

May 15, 2006 10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys. Thanks for taking the time to keep everyone informed and connected. What a great idea. We love you guys and though we cannot be there in the flesh, trust me, we are with you. We are so expectant for our incredible God to go "above and beyond all we can ask or imagine." That's just Him. That's His nature. For each day we're praying that you receive from Him just what you need to get you through.
Love you all,
Kim, Brent and boys

May 15, 2006 9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tim and Tam,
This is Lonnie. Mom gave me your blog address, so I thought I'd drop in for a minute. Scott has been good about keeping me updated, but this page is a great idea. Just want you to know you're receiving prayer covering from Louisiana, too. I don't know what I could say that you haven't already heard many times, but I will share this one thing. This morning when I was praying for Tim, a scripture came to me that I read recently (John 11.25). Jesus is talking to Martha right before he raised Lazarus from the dead, and he told her "I am the resurrection and the life." It sounded like a shout inside of me, with emphasis on the "I". So I began praying and speaking that into Tim's body--the resurrection life of Jesus, to heal, restore and make whole. (In Mark 14.38 Jesus told Peter "The spirit is willing, but the body is weak".) So be encouraged--the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead is as work in Tim! Hallelujah! Blessings, and greet one another with a holy kiss! (I always wanted to say that.)

May 15, 2006 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home