thosewhowait

Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

dreary wednesday

i suppose that it would be a little bit better if the sun was shining when one is finalizing cemetery "stuff".

last week i drove to berwick and ordered a memorial marker for tim's grave site...which happens to be in section 20, plot 10, space 7 incase you where wondering. today i had to finalize the draft and mail it back for confirmation. it was a little easier just saying the dates when i was in berwick than actually looking at a picture of OUR head stone. (kinda creepy).

then i got a letter from the cemetery association stating that they really can't place a stone on my half of the plot until i purchase the space...that will be in section 20, plot 10, space 8 incase you were wondering. so back to the check book to buy "my space". that little bit of real estate cost me $475.00. at least we are overlooking the soccer fields and have a decent view of my brother's auto body shop.

the best part about getting all this stuff done now is that when the time comes...my kids will not have to mess with all this "dreary" stuff. all i will need is an end date on the stone.

actually i am kinda glad it is a dreary day outside because i am having a dreary day inside and it would have been a shame to waste a nice day.

on a positive note...the berwick spaghetti dinner was a big success. lots of spagett's and lots of fellowship. megan really enjoyed herself and the fund-raiser gave us more than enough funds to buy all meg's books for her entire freshman year plus have some put aside to cover some of her "Fees"...THANKS TO ALL who participated in the event.

keep us all in your prayers...i have been keeping 2 corinthians 4:8-9 (NLT) on my mind...

"we are pressed on every side by troubles. but we are not crushed and broken.
we are perplexed, but we don't give up and quit.
we are hunted down, but GOD never abandons us.
we get knocked down, but we get up again and keep going."

some days are still better than others and there are some days i hope that i don't have to repeat...one day at a time!!!! the kids keep me going but my heart still aches terrible and my mind still wanders...wondering about the future and stuff that i really have no control over.

pray that we can all keep getting up and keep going.

thanks for checking in

tammy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Love you and the girls.

Sandy and Ray

April 01, 2009 9:29 PM  
Blogger Katie Dewalt said...

30 years ago, when Ron died, my friend took on the task of gathering information on cemetaries, caskets and plots. She kindly narrowed those choices down to 3 each and then I made the final decision. (That might not have helped some folks, but considering the mess I was, it was such a help for me.)
I settled on a plot that I knew Ronnie would love, because every time I took flowers to the vase, before I even got all the way to my car, the rabbits or deer would be busily munching on the heads. My choice was on a hill in the military section, as he had served in the Army for a couple of years. And that allowed me to be buried in the same plot(casket over casket.)
When I ordered the stone, I had my name and birth date put on---as have you. But over the course of years, I've had several people who asked "Don't you think that's morbid?" or "Doesn't that weird you out?" My response has always been the same. "Actually...I find it comforting. And the way I look at it---my bed is made, so all my kids will have to do is turn the covers down!"

I know you are so very proud of Megan, and YOU know that Tim would be (or he "is"...not sure how that works) extremely proud of all his girls.

Many years back, my sister's stepdaughter came up to me at a family event. I was having a rough time that day and Lisa---who was about 5 then---took my hand and said "Aunt Katie, are you sad because Uncle Ronnie is in Kevin?"

That lightened up the whole room [me included] and I got through one more painful time.

If I could have, I would have spared you what you're experiencing, but if it's any comfort, you have walked me down some old familiar rocky paths and this time...easy-peasy, lemon squeezy!
Love (and mo' prayers) from Auntie

April 02, 2009 1:30 AM  
Blogger Craig said...

Tammy,

Please have Megan talk to me before she purchases any books. I learned first hand that Penn State will try and rip you off by selling you overpriced books, and then giving you next to nothing (or nothing at all) when you return them. I found Amazon.com the way to go during my Junior year. Quick example, Penn State bookstore had a book for $125. They only sold it new because it was the first time the school was using it, so they didn't have used copies. I found it on Amazon for $4.50 cents, plus 3.99 shipping. Basically I saved $115 on that book alone. Then, at the end of the semester I heard all of my friends complaining because the bookstore WOULD NOT BUY IT BACK!!!...She can also set up a seller's account very easily on Amazon and sell her books on their for a lot more then she would receive from the bookstore. I can help her set everything up. I am a pro, haha.

Craig

April 03, 2009 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home