thosewhowait

Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Thursday, March 05, 2009

looks like spring is coming...

...just in time for those "outside spring sports". i have the chairs (and the blankets) all packed up in the van for high school sports. kelsey has her first scrimmage already next week. it is going to be a busy season...kelsey plays soccer. ashley is doing frisbee football. one "significant other" plays baseball. one "significant other" runs track.

...looks like if you are looking for anyone in the dewalt household you may want to start at a school. it is the season of power bars and fruit snacks and cold damp wet games and mapquest and fast food. i am actually looking forward to it...it has been a long winter for me. i am ready to get outside for a bit.

...for all those who notice the time that i blog...yes it is 3am. i have been having some difficulty sleeping lately. tonight i lay awake thinking about and praying for my newest addition to the family. my nephew and his wife had a little boy-their second. congrats. (love the new age computer stuff-we got pictures already-awesome little guy). i think about what the spring soccer season will be like without tim around. i will miss looking over and seeing "the guys" all huddled around discussing the game and the refs and the chicken corn soup. i will miss looking over at tim and saying "what in the world was that call for"?? i will miss tim finding kelsey after the game to give her a hug and no matter how the game went tell her that she was awesome and that she played a great game. i will miss tim.

...keep praying. i work in a few hours so i should go.

...thanks for checking in.

tammy

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tammy ,just read your blog.Sounds like you will be busy the next few months. Good luck to the girls in their sports and as always I keep you in my prayers. I am off to baby sit Adam & Liz 5 month old son. Thursday is my day to sit and any other day they need. Amy

March 05, 2009 6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just want you guys to know we pray for you regularly. Hope the girls have a great and safe season.

Pastor and Nancy

March 05, 2009 7:07 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Tammy,

Thanks for the updates. I am sure you miss Tim I had to smile when you said you will be able to see him with "the guys" huddled together discussing all. I can too! Your hugs with Kelsey will be emotional after games because Tim was always proud of the girls and those memories will be flooding back to you. I am glad the girls keep you busy and soon you will have to teach two to drive. That was one thing I did not enjoy. I will be giving you a call because we need to get together. We think of you and the girls alot. Congrats on the new baby in the family. I am sure Judy is overjoyed. Talk to you soon!
Love, Wendy

March 05, 2009 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you and we are praying for you. And yes, we are very happy to have a new nephew. I remember standing at the hospital nursey window with you as we looked at Jeremy. Time does fly by.
Ray and Sandy

March 05, 2009 8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tammy,

I guess this means you are officially entering the stage of being a soccer mom! Good luck with all those schedules. Sports is a wonderful thing to be involved in - teaches us so much about teamwork, ourselves and life. I coached and managed several different sports throughout my life and I can honestly say that working with children was the most rewarding thing I have ever done. I wish every parent hugged their child after the game - THAT'S what it's all about.
I'm sure your mind races during the middle of the night, but please don't let the 3AM blogs become a habit. Habits are hard to break and we don't want you exhausted and spent. Someone has to drive the van!
Thanking God for you and the Dewalt girls this morning. You are all a blessing.

John & Tammy

March 06, 2009 8:03 AM  
Blogger Katie Dewalt said...

Greetings, Tammy, from California! (which comes from the Spanish "caliente fornalia" which means "hot furnace")
Furnace? Hah! Why are my feet like two blocks of ice???
The rain finally stopped, but it's cold! (...probably "sissy cold" to you tough East Coast folks.)

Spring is in the air here, too. The Tulip Trees were in bloom in early Feb. They always seem to be confused, so no one officially acknowledges Spring just because they're beautiful. But I can't help smiling when the deep purple, pink and cream blossoms appear.

Shortly after the Magnolias bloomed, the yards were full of daffodils and narcissus. Mind you, the rain and hail did a number on those foolish early bloomers.

Now that it's March, some of the neighbor's cherry trees have blossomed as has my walnut.
I'm still waiting for my pear and my apple, and then I'll know it's Spring.

I'm glad to hear that you are all busy. Perhaps you'll sleep better when you've been out and about with the kids' sports activities. You know...fresh air and all that!

Enjoy the nice (nicer) weather!

I'm going to cease typing and go put my feet by the fire. [I've got the rocking chair, the cat and a cup of tea. I don't knit, though, 'cuz I might put out an eye!]

Love to you and the girls as I remember you in my prayers.
Aunt Katie

March 06, 2009 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home