thosewhowait

Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Sunday, March 14, 2010

confession time...


this picture is just about the best way to describe how i am feeling these days...i know that i am not required to confess my diet sins to all of you out there in cyber-space but on some level i thought that maybe...just maybe it may help me get back on track this week.


i went right from the week of the wicked stomach virus to the week after the wicked stomach virus to meg coming home for spring break...the first week was a no eat week in which i managed to lose a grand total of 9 pounds. yippie. the second week was my recovery week in which i had to re-hydrate and eat what appealed to me which was primarily in the form of carbs and i managed to gain a grand total of 12 pounds. what the hay...


so...if you are doing the math i have now actually gained 3 pounds back and we are just starting spring break at the dewalt house. i find it hard to believe but i have turned into one of those mom's that actually cooks for the incoming college student. bizarre i know. i made homemade meatballs and homemade vegetable beef soup and homemade chip dip and italian sausage and hot sausage and shepherd's pie and bbq chicken and mashed potatoes and then take-out chinese and dinner at the outback and can i just say that i have NOT gotten back on the scale recently for fear of breaking it.


just so we are clear because i know she will comment...it was NOT meg's fault that i went off the diet...i made a conscience decision to enjoy myself for one more week before getting back on track....and BOY did i enjoy myself.


so many of you are now asking where in the world was my accountability partner...week one i was sick and couldn't eat. week two she was in oregon on business all week. week three she was sick and couldn't monitor my diet. SO HERE WE ARE...


this week will be my re-group and get back on track week. my apologies to all my co-workers who have to suffer through this agony with me this week...it sometimes gets pretty ugly.


kids beware!!!


i have not exercised in over three weeks and i have not dieted in over three weeks. so...here we go. i meet with my AP one night this week and if i know what is good for me i had better be back on track BEFORE we meet. it is doubtful the meeting will go well but i may at least survive if i get back into the routine tomorrow. pray for me. my original goal was to be down 50 pounds by easter...i am going to be cutting that really close.


meg went back to school this afternoon...i am in meg withdrawl already. she really needed this break...she was pretty sick when she got home and needed her rest and got on some antibiotics and went back feeling a whole lot better. i enjoyed having her home. she probably will not be home again until her semester ends in may. (bummer...no more excuses to not stick to my diet)


thanks for checking in


tammy








1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tammy, slow and steady with the diet. Take it one day at a time. Praying for you.
Love
Jim and Judy

March 15, 2010 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home