thosewhowait

Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Saturday, December 27, 2008

blog update...take 5

this is going to be perhaps my hardest blog update to ever write up to this point.

our christmas this year was spent with my three favorite "F's"
FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND FOOD.
our christmas this year was spent sharing many memories and many hugs and many tears.

just prior to christmas we were told that tim's cancer is not only back but that it has come back with a vengence. it has really been unbelievable the way that this aggressive lymphoma has been attacking his body in the last week and a half. he has pain and lots of it...the tumors are not only growing in size but we think that they are growing in number also.

the doc's have always been surprised that we have gotten this many years from tim but we have just said that God wasn't finished with him here on earth yet. well...unless we receive a miracle in the next couple of weeks (which we still totally believe is possible) tim's prognosis is poor.

we were able to spent christmas in berwick...which was WONDERFUL. it is hard to explain how under the circumstances that i can say that it was wonderful...but just seeing how tim was interacting with the people who came to see him was amazing. we decided that before we updated that blog we wanted to spend some quality time with our immediate family and some friends from back home. it was what we called "the living viewing". many folks do not have the opportunity to know when they are going to die and have that chance to mingle and mix with family. he got to share memories and share hugs and share tears and tell everyone how much he loves them all...it was WONDERFUL. sad...abolutely. hard to watch...absolutely. but he is SO HAPPY that he had that chance to see our entire family and (quite possibly for some) say his last goodbyes.

so...we spent christmas in berwick and it looks like we will be spending the new year learning all about hospice.

do we still pray constantly for God to remove this lymphoma and heal him...absolutely. but we are also in the practical mode of making all the necessary arrangements should God decide to call him to his heavenly home.

his pain level has increased
his pain locations have increased
his pain meds have increased

but...he still can't ever get total relief. soon we are going to have to give in and call someone to put him on a pain pump of some sort. it is his wish that he NOT go back into the hospital and we are going to do everything we can to honor that wish.

we have talked with the kids
we have cryed with the kids
we have hugged the kids
we have cryed some more with the kids

the kids are going to be fine...they are totally aware of everything that is going on...no secrets!!

i hated to post this blog. we debated on the how and the when. we both were in total agreement that it should be after the christmas holiday. there was no easy way to do it so i picked the more direct approach. sometimes life is sucky.

thanks for checking in.

tim and tammy

ps...i am including my e-mail address just incase anyone out there would like to send a quick HI to tim and you don't like to comment on the blog. he would love to hear from you.

tammydewalt@comcast.net

and it is OK to shed a tear or two while reading this blog...i have shed a few while writing it.

love goes out to all.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are thankful for the opportunity you had over the past few days...to be with family and friends. Your approach to this whole situation is incredible - the tears understandable. We pray the pain is managable and want you to know that we continue to pray God's grace in all this. Keep the faith Dewalts.

John & Tammy

December 27, 2008 9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep hoping and praying for a miracle, and will continue to do so...I would like Tim to know that he has always been one of my favorite people in the world, I always looked forward to seeing him and spending time with him. He has always been an inspiration to me, but especially in the past few years. I have seen him put up a brave fight, despite what doctors have told him with nothing but a smile on his face. He is truly one of the most positive and admirable people I will ever meet, and I'm so thankful to have him as part of my family.

-Craig II

December 27, 2008 10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmas was wonderful, sad, memorable. We love you guys so much; we love Tim. We are so proud of him and you; all of you! Praying for Tim's pain level, a miracle, and peace. God is in control.
Love
Jim and Judy

December 28, 2008 2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear family,
I, too, know that our Sovereign Lord can touch Tim's body and heal it. And I pray that He does just that. I continue my prayers for relief and a miracle.
I'm so far away from you, but rather than get on a plane and head East to hug my nephew, I will wait until I see him in May in Pennsylvania.....or whatever month in Heaven.
I send you all my love. Aunt Katie

December 28, 2008 5:31 PM  
Blogger Rob Gillen said...

I really don't know what to say, and I think that's normal.

I'm sitting in Maine at Kara's home, and I happened to check the blog. I'm so sorry tammi. This entry is so real, I can feel it and touch it. You're such real people. Thank you for sharing your journey. That's not something many do...it's rare and wonderful.


-Pastor Rob

P.S. Kara and I are here for anything.

December 28, 2008 10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how much the last week has meant to all of you. It truly is a blessing to spend those tender moments with family. Your courage and honesty is an inspiration and it places a great deal of perspective on so many things. Continuing to pray for healing and pain relief for you Tim. As always you remain constantly in our thoughts and prayers.

The Stoyer/Knoll Gang

December 29, 2008 5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love you and have you continually in our thoughts and prayers. As a person put it the other day, " to know you is to love you," I totally agree with that comment.
Ray, Sandy and girls

December 29, 2008 7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim and Tammi,

Want you to know Nancy and I continue to pray for you. We have been encouraged by your faith and the example you are to all of us. We are praying as you are for the miraculous and thanking God for His great love for all of us.

Pastor and Nancy

December 29, 2008 3:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

To Tim and The Family,
This is Jesse, I am a friend of " The Craigs " (thought that was funny). I was invited recently to watch the Hershey Bears game that they set the record for 11 straight wins by little Craiger, tickets that you all provided for me thru Craiger. I am thankful to you and your family for allowing me to sit in the best seats I have ever had at a Hershey Bears game! I wanted you to know that. I am also thankful that I got to meet you Tim, thankful that I got to chat with you a little bit about football and pick on Craiger about them poor Tampa Bay Buccaneers! But I wanted to tell you that I admire you for everything that you have gone thru, I just cant imagine... I also lost my grandmother this past Sunday at 11:50am due to Cancer, She went into the Hospital about three four months ago and never was able to fight it off. She came home last Monday to be at piece in her own home for her final days, and she assured us she was in no pain, and that is all we could ask for. And as my final words to you I am Praying for a miracle for you! But also hoping that you also could be at piece with NO pain if it has to come to that. Thank You Tim and Family. It was hard for me to do this so I hope that I have said the right things, Thank You Again!
Sincerely, Jesse

December 29, 2008 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home