thosewhowait

Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

ice cream on my mind...


this week has kinda been crazy...


i have one at the beach for a week-she calls me about 4-5 times a day


i have one at field hockey camp until wednesday-she wants me to come watch her play all her games at elizabethtown college


i have one getting her wisdom teeth out on friday-she has a consultation appt today


i have me craving orangeville carnival homemade ice cream so i think i am going to miss a FH game tonight and go on a road trip to berwick.


a pepper and onion sandwich, a cup of homemade bean soup and a few scoops of homemade banana ice cream...i can almost taste it already.


did you ever find that PERFECT spot to put something important and then not be able to remember where that spot was??? i am showing signs of old age i guess... i have just spent hours looking for meg's x-rays to take to the surgeon and they are nowhere to be found. i am guessing that in the massive house cleaning (or should i call it clutter cleaning) after tim passed they may have been accidently tossed. i guess i could claim temporary insanity.


well...i have to keep looking. her appt is in about one hour.


thanks for checking in


tammy





2 Comments:

Blogger Katie Dewalt said...

Neither of my girls played field hockey, and in fact...Shelli didn't like sports (thought the girls' locker room smelled funny) She instead did violin, Castro Valley Drama Club and God's Rainbow - a girls' quartet. Christy played softball, ice skated competitively, had piano for 9 years and played the violin and flute for 3 or 4 years. I used to have a key-chain that read: "A woman's place is in the car."

Both girls had their wisdom teeth out within a few months of each other. Shelli lay on the couch moaning for two days with ice packs, etc. Christy shoved extra gauze in her pie-hole and went out dancing that night.

Now...ice cream craving is a subject for which I am---modestly---somewhat of an expert.
We have a place in town called The Creamery that's about 5 minutes from my house. It's modeled after a famous ice cream parlor called Fenton's, which is about 30 minutes away in Piedmont.
I love The Creamery and whenever my granddaughters are here, we make it part of their visit to go have dinner and a sundae. (Actually, we're doing that tomorrow.)
But when I get a craving...one of those that keeps popping back in my mind, one that doesn't let me ignore it...I gotta' have a FENTON'S Black & Tan!
The Creamery won't do.
Loard's won't do.
Double Rainbow won't do.
Gotta' have Fenton's.
So I select a piece of jewelry to hock so I can me a Fenton's Black & Tan---for $9.75. Yep...you read that right! An ice cream sundae for $9.75
I always end up wondering why I spent the money...why I ate the whole darn thing...and why I know I'll do it again in a few months.

And as for losing things...things that I know I put 'safely' away...well, it wouldn't be a normal week if I didn't say at least 3 times "Where the dickens did I put that...?"

So you see, Tammy, your experiences and Auntie's have some eery similarities.
The difference---besides the gi-normous age range---is that you are living yours now and mine is just a memory.
[except the ice cream...that's current, and I expect/hope it will be for years to come.]
Keeping you and the girls in my prayers.
Aunt Katie
XO x 3

July 21, 2009 1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tammi,What a coincidence, Holly is getting her wisdom teeth out this Friday as well. 8:15a.m. is when I need her there, which will come all too soon for her and me. I will be praying for Megan for an easy surgery and quick recovery. Please remember Holly in your prayers. Take care and God Bless,
Michaele Beistline
P.S. It sounds like you are handling driving lessons better than I would. Even still, I will make sure to pray for all of your family's safety, lol!

July 23, 2009 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home