thosewhowait

Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Thursday, July 30, 2009

wow...

a whole week flew by.



meg did well...in fact she is camping with some friends now and last i heard there were some bear sightings. and i was worried about her getting her teeth out!!! silly me.



ashley is back from the beach and had a wonderful time...lots of fishing which to my surprise...she loved.



kelsey's world is pretty much field hockey these days...which she loves.



and me...just sitting back and watching my girls grow and mature into some pretty cool teens and young adults. (can i say COOL and not insult my kids...i can't keep up with whats in and whats out).



my kids being so busy helps me get through the days...although even being around so much activity and running here and running there...i still have a lot of lonely times.



lots of times that i miss just looking over at tim's chair and not seeing him there.



lots of times that i think i should call someone and let them know what we are doing or when we will be home...and then remember that there is no one home to call.



lots of times...lots to remember.



that probably means that there are going to be lots more times that i will be feeling like i do tonight...lonely.



funny thing is that before tim was gone i loved to be alone...but i have found that there is a huge difference between being alone and being lonely. i never really knew that one could be in a room full of people and still feel as lonely as i do tonight in a room by myself.



i was reading a devotional book tonight and came across this verse:



"Let heaven fill your thoughts. Do not think only about things down here on earth."

Colossians 3:2



so simple...i must admit that it wasn't too long after reading that i did muster up a smile thinking about what tim must be doing right now. in fact i was even a bit jealous.

keep praying...what a crappy process one goes through after such a loss.

thanks for checking in

tammy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We think of you and pray for you everyday.
Ray and Sandy

July 31, 2009 7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking of Tim the other day and was also somewhat jealous. Your description of the difference of being alone and being lonely is so true. Praying for God to continue to walk with you through this tough season as we know He will. We are here for you as well.
Love
Jim and Judy

July 31, 2009 7:54 AM  
Blogger Katie Dewalt said...

You've learned an invaluable---if somewhat painful---lesson about being alone vs. being lonely.
I believe that one of the reasons we learn these things is so we're sensitive to what others are enduring.
Probably not now (since you're still "bruised and healing") but one day, you'll pick up on someone's loneliness and know how you can provide a bit of comfort because you've "been there."

Sometimes, I have those twinges of jealousy, but now that I'm kinda' old, I know it won't be as long. When I was young...it was harder.

That's not to say the "lonely" thing doesn't happen---it still does. Mostly, it passes and I get busy with life, but occasionally, it triggers a "pity party"...and the worst part of that is... I'm the only one there!
Life is good! Flowers still grow in my yard. I adore my kids and my grandkids and Heaven awaits at the end. Not too shabby!!!
Love and prayers...
Aunt Katie

August 01, 2009 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home