thosewhowait

Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Thursday, January 08, 2009

early morning again...

this must be my roaming time...between 3 and 4 am.

i know that everyday everyone is just waiting to read another blog update so i am trying to update as often as i can. i don't really have much new to say about tim. he is in a holding pattern of "mostly" comfortable sleep. there are times that he will wake up and say he is in pain, but they are getting fewer each day. his pain is pretty regulated. thanks for all your prayers and please keep praying.

thanks go out for the "baby monitor". i had to send out a call and as always you come through. the continuous care nurses have been pulled away since his pain is more controlled so we are handling most of his care ourselves. the monitor allows us to leave the room for short spells and not worry that he is trying to get up.

my family and i have been amazed at the generous response to e-mails and blog comments for tim (and me and the girls). we have reached in the hundreds of responses. it means so much to know that we have such a HUGE network of family and friends and people we have never met reaching out to us, offering help to us and praying for us. some still make me cry and some are humorous and so many just make me so proud of my husband and the positive effect that he has had on so many people. thanks so much for letting him know and showing his girls what a great guy i had the privilege of marrying and what an awesome dad they have.

i have to get going...thanks for checking in

i will keep in touch.

tim and tammy

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They have a pretty awesome mom, too! Love you, Lu Ann

January 08, 2009 8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We really appreciate your blogs. Instead of just relaying what you say, Ray reads the blog in the evening and we are both amazed at the feelings that come through. It is obvious that God is helping your family through one of the most difficult experiences you will ever go through. Many people are praying for all of you.
Love and prayers,
Ray, Sandy and girls

January 08, 2009 8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You & Tim have both amazed us since the day we met you - and that feeling grows stronger each day!
We are honored to be your friends!
We love you!
Always,
Sara, Bernie & kids

January 08, 2009 10:25 AM  
Blogger anonymous said...

Hello. I happened across your blog. I am sorry to hear of and read of your dilemma. I find myself reading your words over and over and over as your situation has hit home with me as I lost my mother to very similar circumstances this past summer (2008) in Williamsport. I feel for you all especially when I see that "H" word to which I am intimately familiar with now (hospice). I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and positive. -jd

January 08, 2009 11:37 AM  
Blogger Katie Dewalt said...

I'm very glad that Tim is mostly comfortable.
Because I'm old and rickety, I wake several times each night as one or the other hip starts to ache. When I wake, you guys pop immediately into my mind, and I take that time to lift you up to the Lord for His mercy and love to shower all of you.
Sending my love from across the country...
Aunt Katie

January 08, 2009 2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and your family have been so inspiring, blessed and strong during this time--it has been amazing and unbelievable to watch/read. It is interesting how you continue to look at the positives, enjoy and thank God for them; perhaps that is what the Lord meant when He said "In everything give thanks". You have touched thousands just because you are you--continually loving, serving and trusting the Lord. Thinking and praying for all of you continuously.

January 08, 2009 3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tammy, I posted the last comment as 'anonymous'. Apparently the username and password are not correct. Hopefully, it will post correctly with this info. If not, do you know how to regain access w/o a new username and pw? Martha

January 08, 2009 3:48 PM  
Blogger grammyd said...

Dear Tammy, Tim and family;
Do you need anything; meals, cleaning, a break, girls night out, anything?
Please let us know, ok?
We remain in a constant state of prayer and believing for God's grace and strength for all of you.
Love
Diane and Dan McCormick

January 08, 2009 5:57 PM  
Blogger grammyd said...

Tammy; just let me clear up what I meant by "girls night out"; only meant if your girls and/or you, just need some time away from the house together, even for a half hour or how ever much time you feel comfortable taking, Dan and I could come over in the evenings or on Saturday afternoon or anytime on Sunday;
Please let us know, ok
The McCormicks

January 08, 2009 5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please know that you are in our prayers everyday! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you or the girls.

Pasquale and Denise Schiano

January 08, 2009 6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always you, Tim and the girls are forever in my heart and prayers. We have been so very blessed that the Dewalt Gang are in our lives. You and your family have shown us the workings of God in many wonderful ways. You shown me God in a spider all the way to the strongest prayer warrior. I will continue to pray and sing the song. I am sending you a BOX FULL of LOVE.

January 08, 2009 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home