thosewhowait

Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Monday, January 05, 2009

HOSPICE to the rescue...

since our weekend was so crappy and our sleep so deprived...hospice has decided that we need continuous care for a spell. so starting at 10pm tonight there will be an LPN at our house to make sure tim is attended to and that i am getting some sleep. pray for me...my cold is lingering and i need the rest to try and fight it off and i have a cough that just won't quit. everything is in slow motion today. they will stay until they feel his pain is controlled.

mom and dad are still down and fred went home for a day...tomorrow they are switching. i will have fred in the house and my parents will head home for a much needed break.

thanks to all of you that have offered to help sit with tim...it was an overwhelming response. now that hospice has come into the picture i think we are going to be fine for now. they upped the pain meds again today and perhaps will need to again tomorrow. we are watching his pain level very closely.

well...can't chat long. i wish i could somehow express how greatful we are for all your prayers and e-mails and blog updates. i would feel very safe in saying that there is no one on this earth that will know how loved they are more than my husband. it has been amazing. thank you all.

thanks for checking in.

tim and tammy

9 Comments:

Blogger grammyd said...

Well, Praise God for Hospice! We pray you will rest and recover from your cold and cough. We pray for safe trip home for your parents and a safe trip here for Fred;
Please keep us abreast of all that is going on and our offer still stands to come over and help in any way that we can.
Love
Diane and Dan McCormick

January 05, 2009 8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stopped outside your house with Emily apparently at the time you were writing this update, just to pray for Tim. As Emily said "God made my eye better, he can make Tim better". We continue to pray for all of you. To God be the glory, great things he hath done

January 05, 2009 8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing how God provides. We pray for your health too Tammy, and some good sleep. Know Tim is in good hands and God watches over. Safe journeys for all the family members who are coming and going - bless them for being there.

Continued strength to you all.....

John & Tammy

January 05, 2009 10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray for each of you. Very glad that you are able to get some rest. Love to all-Bryn

January 05, 2009 10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are always in our prayers.
S & K

January 05, 2009 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You all are in our thoughts every single moment of the day, we think of you and pray for you when we get up in the morning, when we sit at the table, and before going to bed. We admire your strength. we'll keep praying for whatever is needed even at this very moment. Love you.(let the twins know Kilsi thinks about them). Keila, Kilsi & Shawn

January 06, 2009 12:40 AM  
Blogger grammyd said...

Dear Friends; I woke up again at 3:30 a:m, this morning to pray for Tim as well as ea of you.
Please let us know who things went over the night; Praying ea of you were able to rest.
Love
Diane and Dan

January 06, 2009 8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading your blog on the 27th
my heart took me to this song by Mercyme, I'd like to share the lyrics. It lifts me up everytime I hear/sing it..(may it do the same for you & your family)
I Can Only Imagine

I can only imagine
What it will be like
When I walk
By your side

I can only imagine
What my eyes will see
When your face is B4 me
I can only imagine

Surrounded by your glory,what will my heart feel, Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still, Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall, Will I sing HALLELUJAH, will I be able to speak at all, I can only imagine, I can only imagine.

I can only imagine
When that day comes
And I find myself
Standing in the SON

I can only imagine
When all I will do
is forever, forever worship you

I can only imagine

I continue to lift you-all up in prayer....remember the 23rd Psalm...

Sylvia

May the Lord give you His strength to endure

January 06, 2009 2:09 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Tammy,

We don't want to call and pest but please call us if you need someone to come and sit. Also, if you need meals or could use food, I am willing to do that. I know you had food brought in and I am not sure how much room you have to put any more food. Just call if you need anything. You are in our thoughts and prayers 24/7.

Hope you got some much needed rest.

Sending a great big hug to all of you!
Love,
Wendy

January 06, 2009 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home