thosewhowait

Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Friday, November 20, 2009

aching...


aching, stiff, sore, tender, throbbing...


i guess you get the point.


i have found parts of my anatomy that i didn't know i had...i won't go into the intricate details of all the places that i hurt (i am not sure they all even have a name) but things are moving pretty slow this morning.


and i hear that this is good...from the fit 16 year old that i live with. she tells me that the soreness means that i have accomplished something...i have to agree that something was accomplished but since she is 16 and innocent i hold my tongue and smile.


the steps are the worst...i have actually considered taking my laundry to the laundromat down the street just so that i don't have to go up and down the stairs...is that bad? this diet and exercise stuff is painful. i am not a huge fan of pain. speaking of huge fan...i tryed to get an industrial size fan from NASA but they said they didn't sell them to overweight, overheated fortysomething year old women for personal use.


i am not sure which pain is worse...the carb withdrawl or the muscle and joint rebellion


they are both so different although have a very similar affect on me...i hate them both. but i guess the physical pain of exercise can be soothed a bit with drugs but the carb withdrawl is a physicial AND emotional issue that one can't take a pill to get relief. so if i had to pick one i guess i would prefer the exercise. (did i just say that??)


well...enough rambling for one day.


off to find the heating pad...


thanks for checking in


tammy







2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You actually have me looking at our treadmill and thinking about clearing it off and exercising. Since the MD gave me Celebrix I think I may be up to doing more than looking at it. Thanks for your blogg, I read every day and enjoy even if I don't write. God Bless you all
Love to all

November 20, 2009 10:51 PM  
Blogger Katie Dewalt said...

It's Saturday and I just finished catching up on your blog.
In my BTD (Before Tammy's Diet)days, Saturday meant that I could throw on sweats and go have a "Tall Americano w/room & a Pumpkin Scone...or a Gingerbread Slice (love that crystalized ginger on the cream cheese icing)or a Morning Bun [i didn't get that last one as much because it mentions a part of me that shouldn't be in the vicinity of pastry---morning or evening]
Anyway, since you began your pilgrimage, and I decided to follow in your tracks, I haven't done that. Nor have I stopped at our Swiss/French bakery and brought home any of my favorites. That is not to say that I'm disciplined like you, Tammy, it's just to say that when I crave my sweets, instead of rewarding (yes...i "reward" myself for all kinds of things, i.e. making the bed, doing a load of laundry, breathing....but I digress.
My point is that you have "inspired"...wait, let me change that to "influenced" my decision to work on changing.
I want to drive by Swiss Delices and not glance at their sign.
I want to be mindful that I would rather play soccer with Hannah and climb the jungle-gym with Julia than have 5 minutes of "happy mouth."
I am not as disciplined as you, niece, but I am determined to follow your excellent example and keep moving forward.
Congratulations on your great results!
Love and prayers heading East...
Aunt Katie

November 21, 2009 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home