thosewhowait

Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Sunday, November 15, 2009

oops


it has been a pretty successful two weeks and i have been really really good with keeping my carbs to a bare minimum...until my little set back today.


perfection is not all it is cracked up to be...so here is my confession.


first a little background on my mood today...


...a little anxious because my dad goes in for surgery on monday morning

...a little broke because megs car went in for an inspection and won't come out without $800

...a little sad because my gas grill died

...a little depressed because i saw a guy open a car door for his wife and it brought tears to my eyes-i miss him a lot today


...and the straw that broke the camels back:


i was out doing yard work today and had a lot of twigs and sticks so i decided to build a small bon-fire in our fire-pit (i love my fire-pit) which was nice...until the entire bottom eroded and fell out and the fire came crashing onto the grass. knowing that this was the end of my fire-pit and the grass was only "a little" on-fire i did what any true blooded carb addict would do---i ran (ok, walked swiftly) into the house and grabbed 4 marshmallows, a chocolate bar and graham crackers and went back outside to make my final s'more of the season on my burning yard!!!


and boy was it good...and the yard will recover and the neighbors are all safe.


did i feel guilty? i must have or else i would not be telling you all this

was it worth it? i will let you know after my accountability partner finds out


i know that someone recently sent me a quote saying that "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" but that was one awesome s'more!!!


i know what a lot of you are thinking right now and in some ways you are right...but what if i have 4-5 of thoses days a week. is it still ok to binge like that everytime i have a little crisis or a bad day? if so that ZIP line had better get reinforcements. i don't think there is a day that goes by that i don't have a "stresser". i need to be able to control those emotions and not try to reason that some days are ok to fall off the wagon because everyone will understand.


i did a pretty good job of recovering today...went to the banquet and ate chicken and salad.


last november tim and i went to the banquet together...a night i will never forget (and neither will the kids). he was asked to give the invocation and as usual he did a fantastic job but then he just stood up there and stared out into the crowd. i could see the kids getting uncomfortable and they were right...he decided to take a few moments (which seemed like an hour at the time) to say how much he appreciated all the girls on the team and all the parents and he pretty much said his good-byes while he was up there...just about the whole place was tearing up and the kids were under the table. we hadn't even been officially told that that his time was just about up for another three weeks or so...it was weird. it was like he knew before the doctors told him...weird.


kelsey was named one of the captains for next year...again.


oh...before i forget-ashley made "honors" this marking period even with a concussion. i am so proud of her and how hard she is working this year to compensate for her memory issue...way to go ash!!!


thanks for checking in


tammy













6 Comments:

Blogger Katie Dewalt said...

Congratulations on the continued weight loss.
Slow and steady is the right way.
I'm sorry that you faced some "arrows" on Saturday, but there's no way you can avoid these things if you intend to live your life.
So you slipped and ate S'mores...so what? Whereas the marshmallow has no food value, it was the glue that held your "grain" portion and your daily fat portion.
Tomorrow is another day (Just ask Scarlett O'Hara)
As I'm writing this on Sunday night, I'm sure you've climbed back on the wagon and yesterday (or whatever day you "chocolated" your way out of some negative encounters) was a "blip" on the screen of life.
Keep going the way you've chosen!
I'm praying for you and the three daughters with which God has blessed you.
xo
Aunt Katie

November 16, 2009 2:15 AM  
Blogger Deb D said...

Carbs well spent.

love,
Deb

November 16, 2009 9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tammy - I so love your sense of humor. I'm sure it helps keep you going many days! I have a funny s'more story - I gave up chocolate for "lent" with a Catholic friend of mine from work. I went to a friends bonfire party. I had been doing really well - no chocolate, no hot chocolate, no chocolate flavored anything. The youth at the bonfire offered to make me a S'more - it's a s'more, it's not chocolate. I took one bite and realized I had just eaten chocolate. I knew there was chocolate in it but at the time, I didn't even think about it. The kids were laughing at me because I was so upset that I ate the chocolate - and after one bite I might as well finish it since I've already "sinned"! It was pretty funny! I had to confess to my lenten partner, too! Great job on the weight loss. I should let you be Wil's partner here at Pepsi because I'm not doing as well as you are!!
Darlene at Pepsi

November 16, 2009 12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto Aunt Katie's remarks.

During Lenten season, one is allowed to enjoy what one has given up on Sunday as it is the day of celebration.

Good thing this happened on a Sunday! So, glad you enjoyed the 'treat', don't feel guilty, on board for six more days and next Sunday you can enjoy something else.

Movin' on!!!

November 16, 2009 8:23 PM  
Anonymous Heather said...

I have to tell you that you have inspired me...I too have the same addiction as you and have decided to do something about it!! I started today and will keep you posted...I'm so proud of you and ashley!!! Give her a hugh hug for me!!!!!

November 16, 2009 8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very proud of both you and Ashley! It is so hard to stay "on the wagon", so to speak. But you are right none of us is perfect, but life goes on a we get back "on the wagon" After all, "Momma said there'd be days like this".
P.S. Mine was Friday!
Hang in there.
KP

November 17, 2009 5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home