thosewhowait

Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Friday, November 06, 2009

one weak...


you know the old saying: "seven days without chocolate makes one weak"


we are now officially one week into this diet and YES i have lost all my water weight...perhaps some from crying but mostly from spending all my time in the ladies room. (i dis-like water very much)


10 pounds have dropped from my scale and although i know that it is not an accurate read of real weight loss it is nonetheless encouraging.


yesterday kelsey asked me WHY i decided to go on a diet...i didn't have to think very hard to answer her question. most people would say that the reasons they diet are to "feel better" or to "lower cholesterol" or to "lower high blood pressure". although all of those may be true, none of those are the REAL answer to her question.


ZIP LINE


that is the real answer to her question. a while back i had some friends approach me about going on a 3-hour ropes course involving climbing and zip-lines and rope bridges...i quickly declined saying thanks but that it was really not my thing (which is so NOT true).


these friends decided to NOT take no for an answer and kept insisting that i go with them until i could no longer take it...i finally had to tell them that although i would have loved to go with them i weighed OVER the weight limit for the zip lines...was that a WAKE UP CALL or what?!?! at first i was just a bit annoyed that i they kept after me and i was totally embarrassed that i had to admit why i couldn't go BUT then i became grateful that they kept after me (i can't believe i just said that) and determined that by next summer i would be at a healthy weight to be able to go with them.


so we made a deal that i would go zip line with them for my birthday (early june) next year.


kelsey has decided that she also was going to join us on the zip line adventure and video tape her mother high up on the ropes...oh goody!!


so there it is...accountability 101


now the whole world knows that i have a goal and a mission to accomplish. and to think that i didn't join weight watchers because i didn't want to discuss this stuff in front of other people...now that is funny!! i consider myself a kinda private person but my pal mary was probably right when she insisted that i blog my trek. hope it doesn't bore you too much.


lets move on to week #2


thanks for checking in


tammy














4 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Tammy,

Congratulations... Losing weight is not easy. I am glad you have a good support system to help.

Wendy

November 06, 2009 8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great first week, Tammy. Keep up the good work. One day and often one hour at a time.
Love
Jim and Judy

November 06, 2009 9:13 AM  
Blogger Katie Dewalt said...

I am SO proud of you...and so determined to follow your example. And while experiencing a ZIP-line adventure is not my current motivation---the word "zip" definitely does come into play!
When one throws on sweats rather than deal with the zipper on favorite pants, one must recognize that overeating and bum-sitting are the culprits.
As for water-weight...I could end the California drought if I released what I'm toting around!
Would you believe that I have a rowing machine, an eliptical stepper and a treadmill downstairs?
Would you believe that I have a glider upstairs? Would you believe that I have a gym membership? Would you believe that I walk my dog every night and sometimes in the morning, but never break a sweat?
Well...believe it!
I am currently in a bout of Vertigo and I deal with constant sciatic nerve issues, but it's funny how that doesn't stop me from going to Starbutts (and while I'm there, I usually have a lil' sumpin') Nor does it stop me from playing with Julia & Hannah in the backyard and then taking them to Screamin' MiMi's for handmade ice cream. And yet it somehow prevents me from EXERCISING???
What's your problem, Auntie? Get on board, so you, too, can slide down a "clothesline-on-steroids" with an unflattering harness on your backside!
Tammy, you are my present role model.[i know, the old ladies are s'posed to teach the young'uns, but sometimes...]
Congratulations on your weight loss!

November 06, 2009 4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Tammy! This summer I got motivated and lost 15 lbs in 6 wks. Unfortunately, the wind was taken out of my sails. So, I'm reading your blog and being encouraged to get back in the routine. I found the following quote to be true; it felt good!

Remember: "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

November 07, 2009 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home