thosewhowait

Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

it's official...


...i still HAVE NOT had my interview. perhaps it was all just a dream




...i still HAVE hit my minus 30 pounds before the holiday...infact i checked in today at a whopping 33 pounds below my starting weight. with news like that i didn't even mind eating only a salad at my work christmas PASTA party. (go figure)




had to break down and go buy a belt...kids were a little disturbed that i was using clothesline to hold up my jeans...can't imagine why??




about the whole exercise thing...i do listen to music while i walk. i started out taking one of the kids ipods downstairs and putting it on "shuffle" which randomly plays whatever music it feels like. that wasn't working for me...my teenagers and i have slightly different tastes in music.




so...for christmas i decided to ask santa for my own ipod. it recently arrived and was engraved:




mom's ipod


do not touch




now it was time to put on some "more appropriate" music. YEA RIGHT...




i tryed walking to my praise and worship music and that was a fail.


i tryed walking to my more appropriate grown-up music and that was a fail.




so off i went to the itunes store and spend a small fortune downloading my WALKING music. it pretty much consists of THE CARS, STYX, EAGLES, BOSTON, PAT BENATAR, BON JOVI, KANSAS, FOREIGNER, PETER FRAMPTON, JOURNEY, EARTH WIND AND FIRE, QUEEN, SUPERTRAMP, STEVE MILLER BAND, THE ROLLING STONES, CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL, GUN'S AND ROSES...did i date myself yet???




shouldn't have to worry about my kids borrowing my ipod anymore. (but i will have to make sure kevin d. doesn't take it).




the kids say i am obsessed with my new toy...maybe




i walk between 3-5 days a week depending on my schedule.


i walk a minimum of 1 mile (rarely) but usually 2 miles (takes 40 minutes) each day i walk.




(except for the day i got myself into a bit of trouble recently...i believe my AP had me at about 6 miles that day to walk off some extremely "high carb" poor food choices...i have been REALLY GOOD lately)




my treadmill sits right next to that evil sister machine...the elliptical. i don't usually say that i hate anything but in this case i absolutely positively HATE that piece of metal. my first time on the machine i lasted 30 seconds and about blew a gasket sweating from places that girls are not supposed to sweat. i have now actually made it to a record high (once) of 7 minutes. usually i shoot for 5 but i get off when my heart rate reaches over 180 or i can see my heart pumping through my shirt.




small steps...exercise is not my thing although since i started to walk i have noticed that once i get help out of bed...i do feel better. my breathing is a lot better and that is a good thing. i have gone from 3 aleve in the morning down to 1 aleve a day. things are getting there...slow but sure.




thanks for checking in




tammy






























3 Comments:

Blogger Deb D said...

You used a clothes line?!!! Way, way down on the coolness meter! And half the fun is buying the new wardrobe! (actually maybe that's all the fun) Press on, girl!!

Deb

December 15, 2009 3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frustrating about the interview but it will work out. About exercise, it is no fun but does make you feel better. Keep up the good work, Tammy.
Love
Jim and Judy

December 16, 2009 8:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

December 16, 2009 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home