thosewhowait

Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Friday, January 29, 2010

APRIL 2004

...i was going through some drawers the other day and came across a spiral index card notebook

i guess that i had thrown it in a drawer thinking that someday tim or the girls would enjoy looking through it and reading it. it was written over a period of about two months or so and pretty much was a brief summary of tim's daily devotional broken down into a few sentences that he left EACH morning for the kids to read before school.

now keep in mind that this was written in 2004 which was the year BEFORE he got sick and the kids would have been like 11 and 13.

here are some samples of the pages:

*Good Morning
Give thanks to the Lord for He is good...Remember He will never leave us or forsake us.
I love you guys with all my heart
See you tonight
Love Dad
XXXXXOOOOO's


*Good Morning girls
The Lord is ALWAYS with you-ALL the time
Dad loves each of you VERY much
I'll see you tonight
Love Dad
XXXXOOOO's

*Ashley-I am so proud of you for supporting your team (even with the cast) God see's everything!! Remember that!!!
Kelsey-Go 24 queen. Cross over dribble and go to the basket
Megan-Proud is not a good word to tell you how i feel about your accomplishments! Proudest Dad would be close!!!! for all three of my girls!!!
Happy are those who delight in doing what he commands Psalm 112:1
Love you guys-Dad XXXXOOOO's

*I'm praying for each of you-Have a GREAT day!!!
Ashley and Kelsey-Great job on your science projects
Megan-Thanks for your help as always
Love you all
Dad XXXXOOOO's

*Good morning!!
Find enjoyment in all the days that God gives you!
Everyday is a gift
Appreciate the little things
Don't be negative
Remember...Every day is mothers day!! Lets show mom today how much we love her and appreciate her...not just on mothers day
Love you all
Dad XXXXOOOO's

*Bless me Lord so that I can be a blessing to others!!
Have a great day!!!
Megan-Great job yesterday helping Pator Sara again...love ya!!!!
Ashley and Kelsey-Thank you for inviting me to go on your field trip-it was a lot of fun and the best part was I was with both of you!!!
Love Dad
XXXXOOOO's

*I love you all very much. I'm so proud of your report cards. Each of you work very hard and it shows. Dad's ALWAYS here to talk to you, pray with you, play with you!! Anything you need-I'm here!!
Love you all-DAD XXXXOOOO's

*Ashley and Kelsey-Have a great day at school. Jesus is with you every step of the way
Megan-Good luck tomorrow...I am proud of you. More importantly you are using a talent the Lord has given you for his honor and glory
Mom-to the best mom and wife we could ever have!! Love ya lots!!!
Love Dad. XXXXOOOO's

*Good morning ladies...I am blessed with 4 beautiful girls.
I love you all very much!! Have a great day!!!
Love Dad. XXXXOOOO's

*Good morning...I hope you slept well
Today is a new day...let's live it BIG for CHRIST!!!
Dad is very PROUD of each of you!!!
I love you with all my heart!!!
Dad XXXXOOOO's

*Good morning. It's a GREAT day
I love you guys BIG TIME
Love someone-Be kind, generous, thoughtful to someone today. The Lord wants us to reach out to everyone and love them
See ya all tonight. Dad XXXXOOOO's

I could go on and on and on...but i think you get the picture...he wanted to be the best dad ever and the best husband ever

miss him terribly. we certainly don't ever have to wonder how he felt about us "gals". he was a good man.

thanks for checking in

tammy

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Tammy,

He was a great husband and father. I can hear Tim as I read those entries. He is truly missed by all who loved him. I know we are not to question why...but it is very hard. Cherish your memories. He was right, he has 4 great gals. Your always in my prayers.
Love,Wendy

January 29, 2010 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home