thosewhowait

Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

adventures with the blender...




poor little guy...





(no this is not my blender...mine was much fruitier and a lot more calories)


like i said in the previous blog...my AP and i got together and came up with a plan. it seemed simple enough and because i was feeling somewhat motivated and strong that day i may have made the rules and regulations a bit more strict than i should have...because instead of lasting 30 days i lasted a whole hot 30 hours.


something that you need to know about me and my AP...once we make an agreement...we stick to the plan...NO EXCUSES. (although if she would have given me an OUT i may have taken it this time BUT she is worth every penny i give her and she will NOT budge...so as of right now...it sucks to be me)


let me back up a bit to my friday night...for the most part i consider myself to be a pretty "chill" person. relatively even-tempered and it takes quite a bit to get me rattled...BUT friday night there seemed to be a conspiracy to see if they could get tam to break. bombarded from many levels and many different angles i was stressed, angry, sad, depressed, lonely and hungry. makes for a really scary combination. (i will not get into the details of why i was so upset because Lord knows i don't want to re-hash that night again but just so you know...the kids are still all alive and well)


you all know that i am working my way through this book...and so i thought i should maybe start to try it out...there are 7 principles to help you to NOT use excuses for bad behaviors.


so i gave it a try:


1. AWARENESS: yep...i was aware i was gonna somehow somewhere find sugar




2. ALIGNMENT: yep...ask for divine guidance to help me find the sugar




3. NOW: live in the present...yep...i wanted the carbs now




4. CONTEMPLATION: no time for that




5. WILLINGNESS: no problem there




6. PASSION: yep i was passionate about finding the sugar




7. COMPASSION: SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT QUALITY THAT HUMANITY NEEDS TO LEARN...how may i serve others.




at this EXACT moment my phone rang...my friend called with an emergency. i thought...GOOD...now i can get my mind off of my problems and focus on something else for a while. how can i help you???


she had a really bad day and was craving orange cream slushies and couldn't find her blender...A SIGN FROM GOD...GO HELP THE FRIEND!!!!!!!!!



you laugh...but this is a TRUE story!!! i totally forgot about all the promises and all the consequences and grabbed the blender and ran out the door. (really...i do think i ran)


why are you still laughing...this has the potential to go bad...very bad.


PERHAPS this is not EXACTLY what the author had in mind...



because of my friends CRISIS i was able to get through the evening quite well. we sat for hours in her kitchen and griped and complained and vented and laughed and wondered what we were thinking each having three kids...then we eventually found a few good reasons for keeping them and it turned out to be a wonderful evening.



we drank sugary fruity blended drinks




we ate pasta bake




we drank sugary fruity blended drinks




we ate pasta bake




we drank sugary fruity blended drinks




i ordered bacon and onion pizza




we drank sugary fruity blended drinks




i ate bacon and onion pizza


and then i woke up out of my sugar-induced comatose state and said I AM SO DEAD!!!!

you ever hear that song from JOURNEY...who's crying now???? i am gonna tell you...it is me


stay tuned.


thanks for checking in...

tammy








































































3 Comments:

Blogger Deb D said...

Are you crazy?! She's going to torture you! Ok now, next time take a brisk walk... a very long brisk walk...and walk far, far away from the pizza and pasta bake! You can do this!!

love,
Deb

April 15, 2010 7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

;) I would have ordered a deluxe stuffed-crust pizza ;)

In our thoughts and prayers,

Martha

April 15, 2010 8:43 AM  
Anonymous Steve said...

Hey Tam...YDB...check out the blog I started...

http://lessonsforyourlunchbox.blogspot.com/

April 15, 2010 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home