thosewhowait

Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Friday, May 08, 2009

kinda freaky...

anyone out there ever have someone "break into their home"?

kinda freaky...

anyone out there ever have someone "stroll through their bedroom when you were NOT home"?

kinda freaky...

anyone out there ever have someone "use their bathroom when you were NOT home"?

kinda freaky...

this will be one of my more memorable mother's day weekends. and i am certain that ashley will remember this weekend for a long long time.

she came home from school today to find the back door wide open and the spare key tossed in the yard...

to make a long story short...someone apparently entered our home today and although nothing seems to be missing there was definately PROOF that there was someone in our home.

anyone out there know how to install new door locks? i think the last one i put in was upside down...

the police came and gave us numerous different senerio's to consider...none of which will make ashley sleep any better tonight. (could be an all night movie marathon for us tonight)

i need to go through everything this weekend and make sure that nothing is missing (except a little piece of our mind). then a detective will be by on monday to finish up the report.

nothing can be routine and normal around this house...now i am really glad that i spent so much time in that "shooting club" back in berwick. GO LAB TEAM!!! (not much scarier than a bunch of lab techs with hand guns) i dusted off my "top scorer" trophy and put it just inside the back door with a sign that says "go ahead...make my day".

so...we are all fine...and we are a little embarrassed that we had to file a police report because someone forgot to put the toilet seat down...but that is what we did!!! (with four ladies in the house we certainly noticed) perhaps it is good that tim is not here right now because he would be HOT!!! there is a certain line that is crossed when someone enters into your home and spends time in your bedroom and uses your bathroom...

kinda freaky...

thanks for checking in

tammy

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie Dewalt said...

Freaky? That's kinda' "cute." You know "Freaky Friday" and all that.

CREEPY! It's really creepy and crappy that someone would dare to come in unbeknownst to you guys.
Plus it's OFFENSIVE! INTRUSIVE! AGGRESSIVE! and any other "...IVEs" that have slipped my mind.

I've never had anyone enter my home (probably because I've always had dogs.) And even though Marvin is the only canine currently on site...I wouldn't put it past him to bite if someone pushed him aside. [Besides, two of my cats look like they've eaten a small animal whole, so they could be his back-up.]

I don't know if you have deadbolts on the doors now, but if not, I'd definitely have them installed.

I continue to pray and will add my request for an additional bevy of angels to surround your house.

How about posting a sign outside that reads
"This home is protected by God's Holy Angels...but if I catch you---I'll fill you so full of lead you'll look like a pencil!"

xo
Aunt Katie

May 09, 2009 1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, scary and freaky!! We are praying for your safety. Call if you need help with the locks!!!
Love
Jim and Judy

May 09, 2009 3:38 PM  
Anonymous Heather said...

Stephen will be by tomorrow- we'll take care of those locks.

May 09, 2009 9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never had anyone break into my house, but I can only imagine how scared I would be if someone had! Glad to hear that you and the girls weren't home when it happened and are safe! You and the girls are always in my thoughts and prayers.

May 11, 2009 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home